Thursday, April 17, 2008

Shakespeare and Star Trek

So, I've decided to do something that's a little odd for me. I am going to be part of a Shakespeare play, called Tempest, that is going to be performing at the Conduit Sci Fi Convention in Salt Lake on May 23rd at 8 pm. We are all going to be Star Trek aliens though, rather than normal humans. From what I've been told, and I'll find out more later, we will also perform the play the night before the convention at the Empress Theatre. I will be playing Miranda, a 15 year old Vulcan. My first practice is on Saturday, and I'll probably find out more at that time. I'm sure that if nothing else, it'll be fun and a good way to meet new people (something I don't do often).

I'm really excited. This is something that I have wanted to do for a while (be in a play again). I wanted to try out for one of the muscials that will be playing at the Empress before too long, but because of school, and work, I can't dedicate enough time to be in a musical. After school is over in August though, I do intend to try out for some of the plays.

I'll post again when I have more information. If you see me often, don't be surprised if I have my script in my hand and try to talk you into helping me with my lines. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Tad Wimmer said...

Live long and prosper... But break a leg! I can't wait to see this one.