Monday, June 2, 2008

Life

I just finished up another session of school (wahoo!). Now I have a week off. After that, I only have two sessions left (5 weeks each, two classes each) and then I will have my degree! 11 weeks and counting until I am done with school. I can't wait! I'm so excited.

Wil is in Virginia visiting his brother's family. I'm sad because I miss him, but it's good for him to spend time with Mike, Jenny and Gabe. While he's in Virginia, I'm trying to get things figured out at my house. I've barely had time to sleep and eat lately, let alone clean, so my house is a disaster area. My goal for this week is to clean it up. It will probably take me all week to get it to a point where it's decent again. I can barely stand to be there as it is now. I also plan to get into a habit of working out every day. I'm going to do exercise videos and/or walk Rain daily.

Although I was without Wil this weekend, I still managed to have a lot of fun. Friday night was the cast party for Tempest at Danny's. That was a lot of fun. I mixed up the chili with cheese in it (turned out great), while Linda made cookies and we both tried to keep Danny's puppy away from the food. We didn't really do much, but it was so much fun. There were usually 3-4 conversations going at all times. I met two new people. Linda invited her friends Phil and Misha (I think that was his name...). They were a lot of fun too. I, of course, took way too many pictures. The slide show below are the pictures. At the beginning, I didn't realize that I was on manual, but the pictures turned out rather well still. then I got out my (or rather Wil's) external flash. Because I was bouncing the light off the ceilings and walls instead of into peoples faces, I had the flash facing all sorts of directions. I ended up flashing the light right at Mike and feeling horrible about it, and then a few minutes later did the exact same thing to Phil. Poor guys. Towards the end, Todd and Danny stole my camera and took pictures. It was loads of fun.

On Saturday night, I helped out at the ticket counter at the Empress for their play, The Foreigner. I stayed to watch the show, and it was great! I had a hard time hearing the actors at times, but got the gist of it and loved it. After the play, I stayed for Work in Progress as well (the improv team). They were awesome! Mumbling Murder Mysteries has always been one of my favorite games, but that was the best one I'd ever seen. I was dying of laughter by the end of it. It was great fun!

No comments: